How It Works
Students should follow this procedure to visit the Writing Center:
- Sign up for a conference on the clipboard outside of room 228.
- Come with a pass from a teacher if visiting during the school day (3°, 4°, or 7°.) The SWC is also open during Flex Block until 3 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Bring any necessary materials such as the assignment, rubric, notes, book, etc.
- Conference! (Sessions run anywhere from 20-30 minutes but can sometimes go as long as an hour.)
- Take notes and new ideas with you to tackle your writing assignment with confidence!
- The Writing Intern who worked with you will notify your teacher of your visit and send you a quick follow-up survey for you to complete.
What We Can Help You With
We can help help you with any kind of writing from any class at any stage in the process.
- College Essays
- Research Papers
- Literary Analysis
- Science Lab Reports
- Cover Letters
- History Papers/DBQs
- Creative Writing
- IB Personal Projects (Sophomores)
- Position Papers
- And More!